Monday, September 27, 2010

Time to Shine

Not me - my manuscript. 

It's Monday 27 September here and because we're ten hours in front of the UK (roughly) it won't be long until the ten finalists for the New Voices comp are announced.  I can't wait because I'm so excited to see if any of my blog mentors and g-url-friends have made it in.  I'm positive that some of them will due to the level of talent and skill they demonstrated in their chapters.  Of course, it raises an interesting point about voting - are we only allowed one per person or multiples.  Because if it's only one, then it's going to be torture.

Which brings me to the shining reference.  I got some lovely comments about my chapter and the accomplished Romy Somers pointed out that there was a bit too much backstory, not quite enough dialogue and Emily may need a little softening.  So I'm getting out my polishing rag and I'm gonna clean up that sucka until it's so shiny I can see my face in it!  And then?  Well then I'm going to take a huge breath and I'm going to submit it.

Eeeeek!  Did I just say that out loud?  

No comments: