Which then morphed into the New Voices Comp in 2010 and 2011.
To save you from scrolling through my archives: I didn't do so well.
Harlequin has another competition called So You Think You Can Write. I believe it started in 2010. I'm a little hazy on the rules for the last two years competition (mainly because I can't locate them anywhere on the net?) and this year's competition rules have yet to be posted so I can't comment on them either. But here's what I do know:
- For this year's comp, you need to have a completed manuscript
- It starts in September this year (as opposed to Nov in the last two years) which is when New Voices started in 2011 and 2010
- To enter you need to submit a first chapter and a 100 word pitch.
- There will be an online vote (similar to New Voices) and 25 writers will be selected
- There will be an additional 3 wildcard entries selected by Harlequin
- Those 28 writers will then need to submit their completed manuscripts
- 3 Finalists will be chosen by Harlequin and another online vote will be held and a winner announced
- SERIOUSLY doubt I will be entering.
I will, however, be (hopefully) taking part in as many of the online conference events as I can. These are immensely valuable and what's not to love about a conference you can attend in your pjs?
So in honor of the upcoming event and because I haven't treated y'all to a shoe experience in a LOOOO-OOOOONG while, here is what I will be sporting to the conference:
I'm too tall to do cute so I have to opt for stylish and Ugg boots just don't make the cut. The rest of me might look like hell but my shoes will be heavenly.