Saturday, October 1, 2011

It Is Done

Okay so I did it.  I bit the literary bullet and now it's done.

It's up there, for all the world to see (and hopefully comment on) and really really hopefully like and super duper hopefully show the M&B people that I have something worthwhile.

But you know what?  Even if I get the same result as last year, I'm good with that.  Because this is all a learning experience and my learning curve in just doing this chapter has been incredibly steep and I'm extra super duper grateful for that.

And I have promised myself that if nothing comes of this competition that I will polish three chapters from another project and send that in by the end of the year and try the slush pile avenue.

So now I guess all I have to say is:

"Hey Gerard!  I'm ready!  Come get me!!!"

3 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

WTG Elissa!! *goes off to read*

Lacey Devlin said...

Congrats, Elissa! Can't wait to read it :-)

Lacey Devlin said...

It's a fab first chapter, Elissa. You should be really proud. Would you like to be on The Wall this year? I know some people are looking to keep their entries a bit quieter so I'm being careful about who I add, blog and tweet about. Let me know what you'd like. Congats!